Roasting brussels sprouts is super easy and delicious. It is one of the only green vegetables my daughter will eat. High in vitamin K and C, you can read all about the benefits of Brussels Sprouts here.
- 1 pound of fresh brussels sprouts (look for tight green sprouts in the fresh produce section)
- olive oil
- kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut off the brown ends of the sprouts, and peel off any brown/yellow leaves.
- Place the sprouts in a bowl and coat them with olive oil, a tablespoon or so.
- Toss kosher salt and black pepper in the bowl to taste.
- Pour them onto a jelly roll pan (as pictured) and place them in the oven
- Roast for about 40 minutes, shimmying the pan every 10 minutes or so to brown evenly.
Serving: 1 cup. Calories: 99; Total Fat: 3 grams; Saturated Fat: 1 gram; Protein: 4 grams; Total carbohydrates: 10 grams; Sugar: 2 grams; Fiber: 4 grams; Cholesterol: 0 milligrams; Sodium: 269 milligrams