This is fast, healthy and delicious, and it can be varied in endless ways. Serve over long grain brown rice or any other rice.
Replace the chicken with beef (round or chuck or any steak), pork (loin) or even egg (soft scramble first, remove from pan, then add at the end). Add other vegetables if desired: bell peppers, squash, onions, etc. Increase/decrease the amount of broccoli and chicken if desired… there is plenty of sauce to go around. Very versatile recipe. The sauce ingredients will work well with any stir fry.
4 large servings
Total time: 40 minutes
Ingredients – Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Rice Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Oyster Sauce (can omit)
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
Ingredients – Other
- 2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 1.5 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 packed Tablespoon minced fresh ginger (peel, then grate with cheese grater)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 4 large stalks of broccoli, florets about 4 inches in diameter across the top. Cut florets into small pieces. Peel stalks and slice into thin disks.
- 1 1/2 cup brown rice (measured dry, prepare as directed)
- Whisk together soy sauce, vinegar, oyster sauce, cornstarch and sesame oil.
- In a wok or large skillet, heat vegetable oil over high heat. Add chicken and cook until browned, about 10 minutes.
- Add ginger, garlic, scallions and broccoli and cook, stirring frequently, until broccoli is bright green, about 3 minutes.
- Add 1/4 cup water, scraping up browned bits with a wooden spoon.
- Stir in soy sauce mixture and cook, stirring, until thickened, about 1 minute.
- Serve warm with rice.