Makes 16 bars.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup cold, unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup shelled pistachios
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup shelled pistachios
- Confectioners’ sugar, for garnish
- To make crust, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place flour, sugar and salt in a food processor and pulse a few times. Add butter and pistachios and process until well combined. Press mixture into the bottom of an 8-inch square pan. Bake until lightly browned, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the filling ingredients. When the crust is baked, pour the filling into the pan and bake until set, about 20 minutes. Let cool. Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar and cut into 2-inch squares.
Notes from Mom: Use smaller pan.